Warlords of Draenor launched on November 13th, 2014 - mere days after BlizzCon. At launch, players could level to 100, develop their Garrison, and gear up for Верховный Молот
- There were two initial leveling zones: Хребет Ледяного Огня and Долина Призрачной Луны. Horde and Alliance each had a zone.
- Leveling stories focused on the rise of the Iron Horde under the influence of Garrosh and Gul'dan. Players familiar with past expansions enjoyed the alternate reality where Shadowmoon Valley was beautiful, the Draenei had a flourishing culture, and Thrall fought by his father, Durotan.
- Building upon the success of cinematics like Wrathgate, the cinematic team developed cinematics for key story moments in every zone.
- Launch dungeons included Аукиндон, which looks radically different from the Burning Crusade version, Депо Мрачных Путей, which was a unique encounter on a train, and a revamp of Верхняя часть пика Черной горы.
- Soon after launch, WoW celebrated its 10 year anniversary with an elaborate event including max-level Огненные Недра.
- Warlords introduced rare spawns that dropped mounts in many zones, such as Солнечношкурый малый гронн.
- At launch, Warlords introduced new character models, the continent Draenor, the Garrison system, and the Toy Box.
- The Warlords Collector's Edition came with Поводья грозного ворона, Грозный птенец, a level boost, art book, behind-the-scenes DVD, soundtrack, and more. There were also items for other Blizzard games, such as a Warsong pennant in Diablo.